(Women Inclusion in the Aquaculture Value Chain)
This focus area‘s goal is:
To enhance sustainable livelihoods and empowerment of rural women and their families’ wellness, health and social wellbeing.
1. Build capacity of women to gainfully engage in aquaculture in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries.
2. Offer mentorship in the aquaculture chain
3. Enhance collaboration with all stakeholders in the aquaculture value chain
4. Develop and implement revolving fund that will enable women in clusters to access finance to begin aquaculture farming through group co-guarantee mechanism.
5. Employ a gender lens approach to implementing initiatives that (address HIV related human rights violations, gender biases, harmful cultural sexual gender based violence along the aquaculture value chain.