– Awarded Certificate for being a founder member of Starehe Girls’ Centre.
– Certificate of Recognition for being a Founder member of Association of Microfinance Institutions (AMFI) in Kenya.
-Awarded Certificate of contribution to National Development, to mark the 25 years of independence in Kenya.
-Distinguished Leadership Award for outstanding service to education for women by the American Biographical Institute.
-Appointed to the Public Universities Inspection Board to advise Government’s strategy on streamlining of Higher education (completed its works)
-Appointed to the 2030 Vision Steering Committee.
-Awarded Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) by the Government of Kenya for contribution to National Development
-Appointed to the Dakar Declaration Steering Committee to advise UNCDFon the African Strategy
-Requested/invited to deliver key-note address at the Harvard Business School Annual African Business Conference.
Appointed the Ambassador for HP to represent the company in the Build African Schools project.
– Included in 2009/2010 – “WHO’S WHO” of Business Leaders and Professional Registry.
– Received 2009 CCA Business Excellence Award for Financing.
– Awarded “Distinguished Pure and Natural Woman Award for my natural grace and Commitment to my work and being a pure role model and a source of inspiration to women all over the world.
– Received “Leadership Excellence Award” from Women World Banking
– Awarded the “Trail Blazer Award by Marketing Society of Kenya.
– Awarded “Champion of Democracy” by the Ford Foundation New York.
– Entrepreneur of the Year (East Africa)
– Global Entrepreneur of the year Award (Ernst & Young)
– Awarded “Most Outstanding Businesswoman of the year Award” by Africa
Economy Builders’ Award.
– Awarded The Lifetime Achievement Award in Financial Services, country winner
and Regional Winner at the Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business &
Government awards 2015.
• Awarded Master Coach for Ernest & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year Forum
• Received The 2016 Oslo Business for Peace Award Honourees in May 2016
• Received Intellecap inspiration award for being a true inspiration in the development
Received the Women of The Decade in Innovation and Leadership Award, by the All ladies league and Women Economic Forum (WEF) in New Delhi India on May 8th, 2017.
• Received Life Achievement Award by Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) – 9th November 2018
• Awarded the Elder of Burning Spear (EBS) and Trail Blazer 2018 by H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta – 23rd August 2018
• Awarded Her Royal Heritage (HRH)/Goodwill Ambassador by Institute of African Royalty (IAR) – 14th August 2018
• Awarded Institutional award, for overall winner local fundraisers initiative supported by Aga Khan Foundation & USAID.
• Received a Lifetime Achievement Award, for promoting the women and girls agenda by the Government of Mombasa, Kenya.
• In appreciation of Dr. Riria’s work the Board ENA named one of its investments in Nakuru in her honor. The iconic building will know be called The Jennifer Riria Hub. –January 2019
• Awarded by Women’s World Banking at their 40th anniversary as an influential leader and a pioneer in paving the way for women’s empowerment - 4th April 2019.